by Karyn in Montana
* Cooking Spray
* 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
* 7 – 8 Cups – Boiling liquid (usually water)
* 2 Cups – Cornmeal (uncooked grits), preferable stone ground, coarse or fine
* 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1) Spray the inside of a slow cooker well with cooking spray. turn the heat to high.
2) Add the liquid, salt, and cornmeal and stir well. Cover and leave on high for 1 hour, then lift the lid, stir well, and turn the heat to low.
3) Continue cooking, stirring very occasionally (once an hour or so, if you happen to think of it), until tender or very thick, 6 to 9 hours. serve hot, as is, or chill and “set up” for later use.
My mom used to cook grits in large amounts and keep them in the fridge to warm up for us for breakfast. I loved mine with butter and maple syrup. ENJOY!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to submit a recipe.
Jul 25, 17 10:42 AM
For Crust ● 24 chocolate wafer cookies ● 1/4 cup melted butter ● 1 tablespoon sugar ● 1 tablespoon instant coffee granules For Filling ● 8 ounce softened
May 29, 17 10:25 PM
At what temperature and how long do I bake a pie shell using your recipe? Thanks! Hey there! If you are wanting to bake then fill your shell, here are
Mar 07, 17 11:20 AM
I just purchased your cookbook and I want to make the Shephard's Pie. I don't see a temperature to set the oven to. Can you tell me what temperature