by Karyn in Montana
* Cooking Spray
* 1 teaspoon to 1 tablespoon butter or olive oil
* 7 – 8 Cups – Boiling liquid (usually water)
* 2 Cups – Cornmeal (uncooked grits), preferable stone ground, coarse or fine
* 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 teaspoons salt
1) Spray the inside of a slow cooker well with cooking spray. turn the heat to high.
2) Add the liquid, salt, and cornmeal and stir well. Cover and leave on high for 1 hour, then lift the lid, stir well, and turn the heat to low.
3) Continue cooking, stirring very occasionally (once an hour or so, if you happen to think of it), until tender or very thick, 6 to 9 hours. serve hot, as is, or chill and “set up” for later use.
My mom used to cook grits in large amounts and keep them in the fridge to warm up for us for breakfast. I loved mine with butter and maple syrup. ENJOY!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to submit a recipe.
Oct 31, 17 11:13 AM
Here is what you need 1 can of creamed corn 2 cups of self-rising cornmeal 3 teaspoons of sugar 4 oz of butter 1 teaspoon
Oct 31, 17 11:12 AM
This recipe came to me one afternoon while my little ones were napping. I opened the pantry door and stood there brainstorming. Looking over my shelves
Oct 31, 17 11:11 AM
Ingredients: • 115g / 4oz plain chocolate, chopped into Small pieces • 45ml / 3 tbsp milk • 150g / 5oz / ½ cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened • 150g