Simple Chocolate Cake Recipe
by Vijay Dhawan
(Dwarka, New Delhi)
• 115g / 4oz plain chocolate, chopped into Small pieces
• 45ml / 3 tbsp milk
• 150g / 5oz / ½ cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened
• 150g / 5oz / scant 1 cup light muscovado sugar
• 3 eggs
• 200g / 7oz / 1 ¾ cups self – raising flour
• 15 ml / 1 tbsp cocoa Powder
• 1 quantity Chocolate Buttercream, for the filling
• Icing sugar and cocoa powder, for dusting
1. Preheat oven to 180C / 350F / Gas 4. Grease two 18 cm/7 in round sandwich cake tins and line the base of each with non-stick baking paper. Select a small saucepan and a heatproof bowl that will fit over it. Place the chocolate and the milk in the bowl. Bring a small saucepan of water to just blow simmering point. Place the bowl containing the chocolate mixture on top. Leave for about 5 minutes, until the chocolate softens, then stir until smooth. Leave the bowl over the saucepan, but remove from the heat.
2. Cream the butter or margarine with the sugar in a mixing bowl until pale and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Stir in the chocolate mixture until well combined.
3. Sift the and coca over the mixture and fold in with a metal spoon until evenly mixed. Scrape into the prepared tins, smooth level and bake for 35 -40 minutes or until well risen and firm. Turn out on to wire racks to cool.
4. Sandwich the cake layers together with a thick, even layer of chocolate buttercream. Dust with a mixture of icing sugar and cocoa just before serving.
Click here to read or post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to submit a recipe.
Oct 31, 17 11:13 AM
Here is what you need 1 can of creamed corn 2 cups of self-rising cornmeal 3 teaspoons of sugar 4 oz of butter 1 teaspoon
Oct 31, 17 11:12 AM
This recipe came to me one afternoon while my little ones were napping. I opened the pantry door and stood there brainstorming. Looking over my shelves
Oct 31, 17 11:11 AM
Ingredients: • 115g / 4oz plain chocolate, chopped into Small pieces • 45ml / 3 tbsp milk • 150g / 5oz / ½ cup unsalted butter or margarine, softened • 150g