Southern Restaurants and Food Festivals
If your wanting to sample some great food, there are a number of wonderful southern restaurants and food festivals to choose from.
There are way to many great southern restaurants to list here so I will just name a few favorites.
* It goes without saying, The Lady and Sons in Savannah, Georgia has got a buffet that is truely incredible. They start taking reservations at 9:30 A.M. Located at 102 W Congress StSavannah, GA 31401 (912)233-2600
* In Social Circle, Georgia, you'll find a quaint little place called The Blue Willow Inn
. It's one of America's Top Ten All-You-Can-Eat Restaurants. Located in Social Circle at 294 N. Cherokee Rd. (Ga. Highway 11) (770) 464-2131 Toll Free 1-800-552-8813.
* If you're in Charleston, South Carolina, you want to stop in at Jestine's Kitchen. The sweet tea and fried chicken are voted best in the city year in and year out. Make sure you get their early because there is usually a line out the door. 251 Meeting St., Downtown Charleston, 843-722-7224.
* In Atlanta, there's Thelma's Kitchen and Rib Shack, where you'll get huge portions of everything from fried chicken and farm-raised catfish to mac-n-cheese and sweet-potato pie. The average price for a main course is only $9.00. Located at 302 Auburn Ave NE, Atlanta, GA 404-688-5855
* When you're in Memphis, try Jim Neely's Interstate Bar-B-Que, voted the second-best barbecue in the nation by people magazine and best place in America for a pork BBQ sandwich by USA Today. Located at 2265 S. Third Street, Memphis, Tennessee 901-775-2304.
Southern Food Festivals
* Memphis in May - The World Championship BBQ - May 15-17. LOCATION: Tom Lee Park in Downtown Memphis. The park is located on Riverside Drive between Beale Street and Georgia Ave.
* 2009 Vidalia Onion FestivalCelebrating its 32nd year, the 2009 Vidalia Onion Festival will be held April 25 - 27, 2009 in Vidalia , Georgia.
Check back soon, I'll be adding more southern restaurants and food festivals from time to time.
Return To The Top of Southern Restaurants and Food Festivals
Return To Mama's Southern Cooking Homepage